Monday, January 19, 2009

It's all coming back to me...


Last week, I had the privilege of spending time with fellow missionaries at WGM Headquarters in Marion, Indiana for training. There are a few things I realized I had forgotten after spending the last three winters in Florida.

1. After Christmas quickly comes the torturous and pointless cold. Many days, we woke up to negative temperatures, with a windchill well below zero. I had forgotten how -13 feels, but it didn't take long for me to remember. It hurts your bones!!!

2. I had forgotten how much fun making snow angels can be. It was wet and FREEZING, but oh so worth it.





3. I forgot that sometimes, ice is buried beneath snow, no matter how deep the snow may be. As I was scraping off my car to leave Marion, it was so cold I decided to run around the car to make the process faster. Needless to say, I hit the deck.


As I drove home, processing through all that I had learned and experienced, I couldn't help but think back through the process that has brought me to this point. It's interesting how quickly we forget the steps we have taken, isn't it? As I drove, I remembered how in July, God brought me to the point where I had NO doubt that I was called to serve with World Gospel Mission. I remembered how I had prayed long and hard that God would bring a team together and would begin to prepare us to serve Him as a unified front in Uganda. I remembered the COUNTLESS e-mails and conversations with dear friends who have encouraged me to continue to say "yes" to Jesus, one step at a time. When I would freak out about the big picture, they reminded me to just say "yes" to the next step...and then the next one after that. And doing so has led me to this point. As I continued to drive, I realized my prayers had been answered and were being worked out right before my eyes this weekend. In the WGM staff, I have found insant encouragement and support. They have truly become like family in such a short period of time. Team Uganda (pictured above) have become a tangible answer to so many prayers...my own, and the prayers of those on the field. What an amazing time we had, laughing with each other, learning together, and getting to know each other's heart for the people of Uganda. I look forward to how God will use each of us to bring the light and love of Jesus to those who sit in darkness. I drove in silence as I let the reality of all of this sink in...That was Thursday. It's Monday night and I'm still speechless. Will you continue to pray with us as we follow Jesus into this year of "Homeland Ministry?" Pray that we would continue to seek His face daily, and that we would say "yes," one step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, and amen. Love how your blog reflects my own journey as well! Except the living in Florida part- man I'm jealous! My blog update is still percolating in my heart and mind- stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete