Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Thoughts while packing
Thoughts while packing:
1. I hate living out of a suitcase
2. Why does it take me FOREVER to pack? Oh yes, because I am slightly (in an over-the-top sort of way) obsessive compulsive.
3. Regardless of what time I start packing, I can never get to bed at a decent hour.
4. I always feel bad that I'm not spending time with my mom before I leave.
5. While packing, it never fails. My thoughts ALWAYS turn toward what packing for Africa will be like. I'll have to start months in advance just so I can be sure to have time to watch TV with my mom and have appropriate closure. In the back of my mind, I worry I'll cut it too close. Isn't that weird?
6. Though I hate packing...and living out of a suitcase...and the "WHERE DID I PUT MY NAIL CLIPPERS??? questions, I love, love, love seeing people I love and miss so dearly. I am flying to Austin, Texas tomorrow on a flight that leaves WAAAAY too early, but I will be spending the weekend with some of my favorite people that I never get to see. People who have been agents of transformation in my life. People who make me laugh like no other. People who I can reminisce about the old days with and we laugh until our sides hurt. People whose children are now way too big. I love them, and am sure there will be stories. Thank you, Delta Skymiles. 439 flights later, I get something in return.