Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Body of Christ...an answer to prayer

In April, I headed to Panama City to visit friends and to meet with churches and individuals along the way about joining what God is doing in Uganda. It was an amazing time to catch up with old friends and to make new connections as well.

I was able to meet with the Missions Committee at Woodlawn United Methodist Church, which was an amazing blessing. It was quite the "full-circle" moment for me, as this very missions committee supported me on my last trip to Uganda. As I sat and told of the plans that God is unfolding, I couldn't help but notice how faithful God had been to maintain the bond between me and that body of believers. Praise Jesus they have come alongside me and have chosen to support me and the call God has placed on my life. Even as I type these words, I am truly humbled by their willingness to join me on this journey.

I also had the opportunity to meet the small groups pastor at Northstar Church, another amazing body of believers that meets in Panama City. I know the Worship Arts pastor pretty well, but beyond that, I figured I was just another face in the large crowd of people. How like God to prove me wrong? After talking with the small groups pastor, he mentioned how the staff had already met to discuss supporting me, and had agreed to join my monthly support team. I didn't even have to go through a formal "meeting" with the staff. At this point, I was completely blown away. I remembered praying so diligently at the beginning of this process, and being reminded that our ways are not like God's. And that His thoughts are far above ours. And that He can do far more than all we could ever ask or imagine. And I saw it happening right before my eyes. It was that day that I realized that I can have no other expectation but that Jesus would show up, and that He would be HUGE. What an answer to prayer the people of Woodlawn UMC and Northstar have been.

There is much more to update on about my time in Panama City and the amazing time spent with friends, but I fear that if I continue to write, people will not read this. So, I will save part two for later...with pictures included as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment