Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In lieu of Monday's post

There is a slight delay in this week's Missionary Spotlight. My friend who was going to be the subject of this week's post needed a bit more time on the questions. (Perhaps my questions are getting harder and more intense? Sorry, Esther!) You'll hear from her next week. She has an amazing story and is using every part of it to bring God GREAT glory. I know you will be blessed.

So, in lieu of Monday's normal post, how about something different?

I had the opportunity on Monday night to be the missionary speaker at Chandler Interdenominational Holiness Camp (near Evansville, Indiana). I am humbled each time I am given the opportunity to share God's heart for Uganda. Sometimes, the task seems way too big, but inevitably, God reminds me just how big he is.

When I arrived at the camp, I saw these posters all over the place. Recognize that girl in the bottom right corner? Whoa. About that.


Last night, a beautiful snapshot of the body of Christ gathered under the open-air pavilion.


They fought the humidity and the mosquitoes, and were quite attentive as I shared the vision I feel God has given me to carry the baton of faith to the next generation of Ugandans. Afterwards, I had the opportunity to speak with a lot of them and was so blessed by their feedback, questions, and generosity.

Thank you, Chandler Interdenominational Holiness Camp! Praying you continue to carry your baton well.

And tomorrow, I'll fill you in on some of the stream of conscience (or is it conscious) thoughts I had while driving home. No need to be scared. Unless you know me well, then you may already be scared. But do come back. It could be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, I am impressed with the things that you have been doing for God....such as sharing at this church! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed having you this year.It was neat tonight. We had thunder and lightning while rev. England spoke about God's judgement!

    keith kiper

    ReplyDelete