Friday, August 14, 2009

My poor brain

I feel sorry for my brain some days. I make it work really hard, and it gets no time off. No paid vacations. No rest for its weary self.

I'm preparing to leave to head to New Jersey in a few hours and have so much on my mind. So much has transpired this week. Funny things. Sad things. Things I would not trade for the world, and things I would rather have not had to do. Packing. Working. Laughing. Pondering. I promise to write about a lot of these things when I return from camp, but there is no time now.

If you think of me this week, I would covet your prayers. Team Uganda will be together at a camp in New Jersey with a precious group of 5th through 7th graders. The theme of the week is Acts 1:8, and will have a focus on what missions looks like across the street and around the world. With people who look like us, and people who don't.

I would appreciate your prayers for:

-Traveling mercies. I'm driving (stopping along the way), but it takes about 11.5 hours to get out there.
-Good connections with people. I'm speaking at my friend Mosel's church with her on Sunday. Also, for good connections with the kids at camp. And, I'll be speaking at a church in New Jersey next Sunday as well.
-My class. I really feel like God has given me a specific topic to teach on, and He has really provided illustrations and personal stories to drive the point home. I'm talking about how, before we can "go into all the world," we really need to understand Who God is and who we are as a result. Talking about His identity and ours. These are truths I continue to learn, and they continue to be sort of a "life message" for me. Pray for open hearts to hear and receive God's heart for them.
-Good weather. For obvious reasons.
-Good time with friends. On the way out, I will be stopping a few times to stay with old friends. While I'm there, we will have some free time to go to Philly and to the beach. And I will stay with another friend when I return home. I'm so looking forward to reconnecting with old friends. It is refreshing to my soul.

I will be out of bloggy-land until I return, so you will have to wait on the regular weekly blogs. I don't even know how you'll be able to stand it.

Thanks for praying! It means more than you know!

1 comment: