This week, I have been on the road…a lot. I have had quite a bit of time by myself to reflect on life, to pray, and to laugh at random things that have happened recently. I have had the opportunity to reconnect with old friends. Since Saturday at 4:00, I have logged 1,006 miles on my car. Between here and there, I have found so much to be thankful for.
-People who pray for me.
- A mom who understands.
-The chance to experience the amazing fall colors while driving south through Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Friends who are better at math than I am (thanks, Yvonne.)
- College students.
-My GPS…without which I would not have gotten through Atlanta in the rain.
-Friends who let me stay at their house while passing through.
- A place to lay my head and relax while in Florida…even if I’m surrounded by Auburn Tigers items.
-Air conditioning. It's still in the 80's in Florida.
-Sleep. When I travel, I tend to get very little of it, but I’m thankful for what I do get.
-Opportunities to share with people about what God is doing in Uganda.
- Reading a book with a 2 year old…who will be 5 before I know it.
- Being able to say goodbye to dear friends in person I thought I would not be able to see.
- Those same friends who took me in for 6 months after my life turned upside down.
- Our invitation to take our needs (and the needs of others) to the feet of Jesus. And how He doubtless intends to intervene.
What are you thankful for this week?