Some weeks are better than others. Some weeks, I find that looking for things to be thankful for is like looking for Waldo on the last page of the Where's Waldo books. You know, the page where EVERYONE is wearing striped shirts, blue pants, and is walking with a cane? In other words, it's hard to see past the petty-everyday stuff to see things I should be thankful for. And in the wake of tragic events around the world, I begin to snap out of my slump and come back to reality, and find that I have oh-so-much to be thankful for.
This week, I'm thankful:
-for the opportunity to share about God's heart for the nations. What a humbling thing.
-for friends to watch football games with.
-for a boss who is so gracious and understanding.
-for new donors (champions, as WGM would like us to call them) who began supporting me in September.
- for e-mail.
- for phone calls from old friends.
- for a 15 month old who has started calling me 'Aunt Mamie.'
- for an amazing lightning storm on the way home from babysitting tonight.
- for the smell of fall both in the air outside and from a candle burning inside.
- for 80's music.
- for the Word of God, and how it is living and active. How I find new truth each time I open it.
What are you thankful for today?