Friday, September 25, 2009

If I had an iPhone...

I could have a lot of fun with this topic, but I will stick to the purpose of what made me think of it.

If I had an iPhone, I would have taken a picture and immediately posted it to Facebook, Twitter, and my blog, asking the question, to no one in particular: "does this drive anyone else crazy?" But, I don't have an iPhone, so hopefully my words will paint a picture in its absence.

My mom and I went for coffee this morning, and decided to venture across the parking lot (in the rain) to peruse the aisles of a certain store, that shall remain nameless. The door said, "NO FOOD, DRINK, OR ARMED WEAPONS" or something to that effect. The only important one at the moment is "NO DRINK" allowed.

So, since we had our coffee (the first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season, I might add) we decided to try someplace else where we were welcomed, with our drinks, with open arms. And upon finishing said drinks, we returned to the store with strict rules and regulations regarding what was (and was not) allowed to cross the proverbial boundary between enjoying your coffee in the rain outside and enjoying some cheap things no one really needs to buy inside.

I was not finished with my drink, and was not about to throw it away. So, I decided to tell myself to be SUPER careful, and allowed myself to break the rules. Just this once.

And, to my utter dismay, as I was perusing the aisles of cheap items that no one really needs to buy, holding my Pumpkin Spice Latte ever-so-carefully so as to not spill it, a lady walked past me with a DOG in the shopping cart. A dog. Really? So, (store that shall remain nameless), you're telling me I can't have my coffee, that is harmless to those around me, but she can bring something in that one: poops, two: pees, and three: is a potential allergen to shop with? That makes total sense to me.

And, I must admit, that after that, I had a calm, cool, and collected speech prepared to give to anyone telling me I had to leave because of my coffee. And it would end with, "I'm not angry. I'm just sayin' is all." The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment