Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankful Thursday: Episode 1

John Milton once said: "Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life
and the world."

Everyday epiphanies. I love that. And as I begin to record things I'm thankful for, I hope I will allow the small things, the unexpected and "everyday" things to change how I experience life and the world in its fullness. So, without further ado:

Today I am thankful for:

-My upcoming visit with the Mayo's, fellow missionaries on a brief visit to the U.S from Uganda. What profound impact they have had on my life! (Pictured below are Jordan, Lisa, Ethan, and Lisa's Tea, which she rarely goes without. Lisa's husband is not pictured.)


-The fact that I smile EVERY TIME I think of sweet Ava saying, "Jamie...Africa...Move??"

-Movie channels that play Christmas movies on days that are rainy and when I need something to lift my mood.

-Pay day

-A coworker making me laugh hysterically before the work day even started.

-More work hours next week. A true answer to prayer!

-An unexpected phone call from my friend E-moon. LOVE her! I hope to see her in July!

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. YOU!

    And this passage from Psalms today: "And daily He shall be praised..." Ps72:15

    "And men shall be blessed in Him; all nations shall call Him blessed. Blessed be the Lord God, the Lord God of Israel, who only does wondrous things! And blessed be His glorious name forever! And let the whole earth be filled with His glory. Amen and Amen." Ps 72:17-19

    ReplyDelete